Monday, November 10, 2014

Mom's Rock Island

Pattern:
Rock Island
Jared Flood

Yarn:
Maharashtra Silk
3 Burgundy Purple

My mom picked out this pattern and yarn. It's a lace shawl I have always had my eye on, but never bought because I was worried about how the rock island lace would look after looking it's blocked structure. My local yarn shop had it worked up, and it looked really pretty even though it was really soft and drapey. My mom loved the way it looked and also loved the colors of the silk. The owner of the shop suggested it because the silk wouldn't be heavy or stifling for my mom. I hope she likes it and I can't wait to send it to her!

I might make the pattern again. It looks really pretty. The lace itself was a little boring, but it worked up super quickly and looks really cool and different.

Really big!

Love the Rock Island Lace 

Cute edging

Love the airiness

No comments:

Post a Comment